Emergency lighting should be tested regularly to ensure it is compliant and works correctly, allowing occupants to safely evacuate a building in the event of an emergency.
Are your emergency lights operating or compliant with current regulations?
This maybe a question you ask yourself from time to time, but ensuring your emergency lighting fully performs in the event of an emergency is crucial for compliance with statutory requirements and to give you peace of mind.
How can Veriserv help you?
Carrying out routine inspections to your emergency light installation is just part of the service that we offer. Veriserv offer various service levels of inspection that will ensure compliance, functionality and maintainability of your installation.
What is incorporated in the various service levels?
All inspections involve basic functional tests whereby the emergency light installation undergoes a “drop test”.
This test ensures that all fittings are operated in emergency mode and remain operative for the required duration.
A number of other checks are routinely undertaken including the inspection of batteries or other backup supplies and compliance with current regulations.
Depending on the service level required, Veriserv will;
- Inspect at agreed intervals from monthly through to annually
- Undertake remedial repairs to ensure the system remains fully functional
- Provide a log book and ensure it is kept fully up to date
- Up date as fitted floor plan drawings in AutoCad format
- Provide certification & a full inventory report
- Provide expert advice on continued compliance without blowing your budget
- Label light fittings & switches to aid scheduled testing and remedial works
Veriserv are not just experts in the inspection and testing of emergency lights but also the installation of part, or whole emergency light installations, whether it is basic self contained systems or addressable and central battery systems.